I enjoyed putting all the pieces together. Since we homeschool we are always playing with "pattern blocks" and tangrams. So I had a basic idea how the pieces would work together, I just haven't ever SEWN the pieces all together. There are only 2 places where it doesn't perfectly match up, but after consulting with some quilters I know what to do to fix that now and how to help it not happen again. Now that I know how to do this I think I'll attempt to help the homeschool sewing class learn how to cut and piece. There's a first time for everything and if they are learning to sew it would probably be easier at 9 and 10 years old than waiting until after 35.
Thursday, February 01, 2007
First Quilt Block
I enjoyed putting all the pieces together. Since we homeschool we are always playing with "pattern blocks" and tangrams. So I had a basic idea how the pieces would work together, I just haven't ever SEWN the pieces all together. There are only 2 places where it doesn't perfectly match up, but after consulting with some quilters I know what to do to fix that now and how to help it not happen again. Now that I know how to do this I think I'll attempt to help the homeschool sewing class learn how to cut and piece. There's a first time for everything and if they are learning to sew it would probably be easier at 9 and 10 years old than waiting until after 35.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment