Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Sewing?

The Nursing Mom's sewing list has these "sew alongs" where we all sew together, together, together. The happier we'll be.

Right now I am doing a sew along for a new pattern from one of the moms on the list, Angela. http://www.blesseddesigns.net I'm working on getting a wearable version of BD 1002, a nursing shirt. My last batch of nursing shirts all went on ebay, where they sold nicely. But in a few days (literally) I'll need some new ones.

So, I'm up to my third attempt at getting the pattern to fit my figure, or what I think my figure will be in x number of days. The nice thing is that according to her size charts I really only need a size L (instead of the plus size that I was before) but I still have to do a FBA. But her directions were VERY clear in the pattern, so I think I can carry that idea over to other patterns. About the size thing, this baby doesn't like chocolate or ice cream, two of the main things that "did me in" for my other 4 pregnancies. So even though I weigh more, my frame is much better proportioned (it's all baby - not even a belly button left), and I'm pretty excited about getting to know my new non-pregnant body soon.

So I sewed today on Take 3, but I didn't choose the fabric carefully. I ended up needing to do a short sleeved version because I ran out of fabric, and it is currently 36 degrees F here, so this is a late spring top, for sure, and it is kind of slinky, onion-skin-ish, fabric. The good thing is that it was from the $1 table at WM, so it's test fabric anyway, but I always hope for a slightly wearable "test" garment. I also tried to do the sweetheart neckline version, but it got all wonky when I tried to stabilize it with lastin, so I need to cut it out and just bind it with FOE making it a regular v-neck. I don't currently have the right color of FOE, but it dyes well with plain old RIT dye, but I think I need to wait to use RIT until I'm not pregnant. If I get the hems done on this shirt all I'll have to do is the neckline which shouldn't take too long when I'm able and ready to get to it.

No comments: