Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Sewing



It is so nice to actually plan, begin, and COMPLETE a project. Really. And everyone in my house survived the process! The only Easter sewing I wanted to do was outfits for my girls. Matching if possible. Fabric was bought last year, aging nicely in the stash. So I get extra points for not buying new fabric. Both girl's jackets are #10 from Ottobre edition 3/2005, which was designed to be used with fleece. Skirt was #11 from 4/2004, for wool. Size 110 for Maggie and size 80 for Abby Both girls were going to have pink jackets with blue skirts, but the pink I bought at the same time (not the pink you see here) was kind of "off" in my lighting at home. And of course there was not enough of the blue to do both whole outfits. About the blue - it's a baby fine corduroy with pink butterflies embroidered on it. I had to fussy cut the pattern pieces to get the butterflies to show up nicely. The pink is linen with a really cool couched trim that swirls and wiggles all around. Maggie picked this fabric out of the stash herself when we realized there wouldn't be enough to do both outfits. Lesson learned here - let Maggie pick out her own fabric (within reasonable parameters) for the pattern I've already decided to use. She actually wanted to wear it, since she was instrumental in it's design. Both jackets were finished with separating sport zippers, which were easy peasy to put in. Sunday morning the girls actually got dressed without asking for different clothes or refusing to wear what was already picked out. YAY!

Boys? Their outfits came from Old Navy. Sew for all the kids for one day's event? Ha! I may be able to figure that out in about 10 years. Or I should start on next year's outfits for Easter NOW.

And the baby? She wore a Feltman Brother's dress in pink for the day, although it got a little smushed in my sling. Didn't get a picture of her on Easter, though. I was doing good to endure "cheese pie, booger pie" for the few shots of the 4 I did get.

By the way, the kids are standing in my favorite picture taking spot, by the irises that grow on the driveway side of our house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely clothes, and a lovely picture spot! Congrats on finishing. -Valency

Sarah said...

Looks great! You have beautiful children!