



Some June sewing accomplished - Matching outfits for the girly girls. It's the cutest crocodile print (click on any picture to see the details better), originally bought for the boys, but I found a coordinating dot print in my stash and had to do the girls first. Baby Emma is wearing an outfit that I made from fabric my grandmother sent. She is near the end of life, and last year sent me all the rest of her fabric saying "I'm not sewing anything anymore". So here for GG is Emma's Rosebud seersucker outfit. Top is the assymetrical ruffled dress from Ottobre 3/06, bloomers are from Elizabeth Lee Designs #303. The other girls outfits I made up on my own. Abby's is a swingy top styled similarly to the baby top, with pants I drafted myself, from a pair of bg sister's pants so they'd be loose and comfy. Maggie's halter dress is just a trapezoid in front and a rectangle in back, ties and binding the armholes is aqua FOE, the back is elasticized before sewing to the front. All in all, the matching outfits took about 2 hours total, from cutting to wearing. Got to do more of that!
I have 2 more outfits for Emma cut out of the same. I love those little bloomers because they fit so well over her little cloth diapered bottom. Speaking of cloth diapers, I am in the process of making Chloe Toes pocket diapers for Emma. I cut out a bunch in April, sewed them late May, and she already grew out of them. Oh, well, they will be in great shape for another baby! So I have more cut out and on the assembly line now. Until they are done, Emma is wearing the diapers I made for Abby last year from the Ottobre diaper pattern, 3/05. They's still fit Abby, but she decided she was done with diapers before her birthday in February. I'm not complaining! Oh yeah, the blanket Emma is laying on was made by my husband's secretary - isn't it darling?

No comments:
Post a Comment