Friday, July 28, 2006

Diapers Diapers Diapers



One of these days no one in my house will wear diapers. Or maybe they'll be in diapers so long they'll just put mom and dad in them when they finally all potty train. Oh well.

Emma, though, has brand-spanking-new Chloe Toes diapers! All her roly poly bottomness is now contained in these diapers that I made from Catherine's diaper pattern. I had some that I made before, but between the time I cut them out and finished them up she grew. It's not that it took that long to sew, I just kept putting it off. Once you get going, you can do a diaper bag full in no time. Just so you know, they are sandwich PUL (no chance of the poly touching) on the outside and white alova suedecloth on the inside, bound with white FOE. Yes, we do like colorful things here, but I just love white diapers. I use a microfiber towel in the pocket between to soak things up. I am hoping that we may be able to make it through the night in one of these - the cloth diapers that have been using didn't have the same stay-dry feel that the suedecloth has and I had a wiggly wet one a couple of times a night. One step closer to not using any paper dipes at all.

No comments: