
Did I mention that I have 5 children? I don't know where they came from! But they sure are cute! On alternate weekdays, though, they can put away the food. There is a new cookbook written by the MOMYS that ought to help us out. I'm getting pretty good at doubling the recipe for most things that I still use a recipe for, but this cookbook already has done the work for you. Another one I really like, even though it's not specifically for hordes of hungrys hamsters (I mean children) is La Leche League's Whole Foods for the Whole Family. Great recipes, great information, and tips for using all the healthy grains and vegetables we ought to eat. One more thing on my wish list is Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon. I've heard that there is a lot of information here that can really help us to overcome dependence on "modern" convenience foods. My current diet may already be pretty close, with the exception of biscuits and and chicken fried steak. I really need to experiment to get the shortening out of those. If you have any suggestions, let me know!

No comments:
Post a Comment