Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Cute and Crafty Things without a standard name







Apparently all the names I thought these were called are all different. We have a birthday to go to this week and I thought a notepad holder would be a cute gift (that was not a toy, not plastic, and not made in China - my designations, not hers) for a sweet girl in our homeschool co-op. Of course, my kids all agreed it would be a great present on the condition that they could have one as well. Yes, just not today. I can only handle giving the baby one or two baths a day because she found the big kid markers for embellishing her legs.

So far there are 4 binder covers (steno pad covers, padfolios, note pad cases, call them whatever you want) made, all of which already have designated recipients. Ideally I could get several more made in the next few weeks (hey, I've made 4 in 2 days and still fed the kids and kept up with our schoolwork and house work) to have on hand for impromptu gifts.

Oh yes, the bright pink one is for the younger birthday girl, the green one for my mom, and the red and blue one for my midwife, both of whom share a birthday. Did I say 4? Child #3 who was most attentive to me during the whole process got his first. He's sleeping with it now. I think that means he likes it.

No comments: