Mama's got a crafty girl!
My oldest dd, Maggie, who is 7, got a singer knitting machine toy and spool knitter for Christmas and has had a blast making tubes of yarn! Just about everyone we know has received a bookmark or necklace made from the i-cord that the spool knitter makes, and her very special friends (or favorite siblings) have received a muffler made from fuzzy pink or purple yarn. I shared some yarn that would fit (it only takes lightweight yarn, which is increasingly hard to find at Hobby Lobby here and non-existent at the local JoAnn's) and she surprised me Friday night with this incredible scarflet!
She even sewed on butterfly jewels that mama had tucked into her sewing-kit-Christmas-present! Don't you know I was showing that scarf off? Of course I wore it for my big date while my in-laws babysat for us. Crafty mama's got a crafty girl!
Now I need to set up that extra sewing machine for her!! Watch out fabric stash - Maggie's going to sew you up!
2 comments:
How sweet! What fun to pass your love on to her. I'm enjoying when my twin toddlers reach out to touch all the fabrics as we go through the fabric store--I can see future sewers here :)
Sheila,
You look gorgeous in this photo! What a lovely scarf and your skin, wow! It just glows. What a wonderful gift and a sweet little crafter.
warm regards,
Angela
Post a Comment